The following applies to our range of day tours and walking experiences:
From the 29th March 2021 on our outdoor only walking tours, face masks are not required to be worn, social distancing with people outside your group of 6 applies.
All of our guides have either a visor or mask and will wear, at your request.
The following details apply to holiday bookings only and not our range of day tours and walking experiences
Personal travel insurance and COVID-19 enhancement
It is a condition of your booking with us that you have adequate travel insurance in place to cover your specific needs. Many travel insurance companies are offering policies with COVID-19 cover.
If you already have travel insurance but this does not have cover for COVID-19, you may like to consider taking out an additional policy which provides COVID-19 cover.
COVID-19 cover varies between insurance companies, here is a link to the section in our terms of business which detail provisions that should be covered.
Please speak to your travel insurance provider for guidance.
Booking your holiday
All the tours available for booking on our website will have notes about, and provide a link to, the latest travel updates for that destination. If you have a question or concern, please either call us on 0800 298 0588 , or send us an email from the webpage.
At this time, you will be required to wear face masks, carry hand sanitiser and, on some occasions, wear gloves during aspects of your tour. We are all slowly getting used to carrying these protective accessories with us in our day-to-day lives and you will need to pack a supply to take with you on holiday.
One of the new health and safety measures introduced is Track and Trace. This requires you to provide contact details and personal information to the local government offices of the country/ies you are visiting and the suppliers of your holiday. Where this information is required in advance of your tour, we will send you an email with a direct link to the government office (Public Health Passenger Locator Form) or supplier noting the date by which this information is required to be sent to them.
You may be required to have a temperature check, answer health questions or provide contact details at the meeting point, hotel, restaurant etc. Here is a link to the section in our terms of business which details questions you may be asked. (Please note, this is not an exhaustive list.)
We will, of course, keep you informed and up to date with local measures and requirements before you travel, and these details will also be included in your tour itinerary.
During this time please also check our tour webpage, local government information or the UK Government Travel Aware Campaign.
Before you travel, we will be in touch to ask you to complete a health questionnaire. Please be aware that if you have had symptoms in the past 14 days, we may ask you to provide proof of a negative test. Please review list of symptons provided here by the NHS.
While on holiday
During the preparation of your tour we have worked closely with all our suppliers to ensure that they are all complying with local health and safety measures. Our Tour Managers will be monitoring and reporting back to us on a regular basis and we will be working behind the scenes to ensure the safe and smooth running of your holiday. All our Tour Managers have received training in enhanced health and safety, including social distancing and will be wearing face masks, using hand sanitiser / gloves as appropriate (they will also carry a small pack of accessories if required). They are also on hand to assist you should you feel unwell.
Here is a link to the section in our terms of business which details monitoring arrangements with suppliers.
Changes to your travel experiences on holiday
Below is an outline list of the changes to your travel experiences on holiday. These reflect both the measures the supplier requires of you and also details of the work suppliers are undertaking to support your well-being and to provide you with a safe environment.
These measures are evolving and changing as guidelines change. We will continue to monitor and update to provide you with reassurance about the work we are all undertaking on your behalf to provide a safe and well-planned holiday for you to enjoy.
- Your coach will have been sanitised and thoroughly cleaned ready for you to board. This includes daily cleaning of all floors, seats, glass surfaces and disinfecting all hard surfaces, handrails, hand grabs, seat buckles and arm rests.
- The coach driver will wear a face mask, visor and gloves whilst loading luggage and arranging your seating, but not for driving.
- There will be a screen fitted between the driver and travellers. This will be in place when the coach stops.
- You will be required to wear a face mask during your coach journey and maintain one metre distance
- Seating will be arranged on alternate rows
- Will be familiar with the latest public health guidelines for this destination
- Will maintain social distancing requirements between themselves and each member of the tour
- Will avoid shaking hands or any other physical contact with members of the tour
- Follow hygiene practices, washing or sanitising hands regularly. Will also wear a mask as required.
- Will monitor supplier adherence to local public health rules and liaise with the office on a regular basis
- Will assist and support you if you feel unwell
- You will be required to wear a face mask in public spaces, including the lobby, lifts and corridors
- All public areas will have been deep cleaned to reflect guidance from local and national health authorities
- Reception staff will have front desk screens and, where necessary, will be wearing a face mask
- Sanitised key-cards will be issued along with touch-less transactions for hotel extras
- You may be asked for approval for your luggage to be wiped over with a disinfectant wipe where porter service is provided or requested
- Sanitiser stations will be available in the lobby
- Bedrooms may have a limited range of toiletries; we will let you know what your hotel is providing.
- Discreet floor markers will assist with social distancing requirements at breakfast, other mealtimes or where guests gather
Restaurants/Museums and Visits:
- Ensure social distancing rules are maintained with tables and numbers entering complying with local guidelines
- Provide hand sanitisers at several locations.
- All tables/chairs/laminated menus will be cleaned after/before every service
- Ventilation - open windows/doors
- Staff will wear face masks where required to do so
- You will be required to wear your face mask at museums and other indoor visits
- Your entry will be different to your exit
- Social distancing markers as a reminder
- Toilets will be kept extra clean with guidance on the numbers who can enter at any one time
Our financial commitment to you:
Please be reassured your payments to us are 100% secure and are held in an independent Trust Account. This means, where a refund is due, we will refund in full without question.
If you have chosen a tour and then decide you wish to transfer to an alternate tour or departure date we will transfer your booking without charging our usual administration fee of £50. This will cover all bookings made through to end 31st December 2020.
Booking conditions / COVID-19 - supplementary terms to our booking conditions:
Our standard booking conditions remain unchanged. We have introduced supplementary terms to our booking conditions reflecting the impact COVID-19 has had on our business, on how we can best serve you the customer and support our suppliers and the heightened requirements of our new situation.
We will monitor developments as our industry comes to terms with changes and we will update and reflect any changes we feel need to be made to our Booking Conditions. We will inform you if this takes place. (Please see point 7 of our Booking Conditions.)