Expert Guided Tours of Jane Austen's Bath - book up to 6 for £130
'They arrived at Bath. Catherine was all eager delight; her eyes were here, there, everywhere, as they approached its fine and striking environs....She was come to be happy, and she felt happy already.' Northanger Abbey
Jane Austen is synonymous with Bath. Our curated guided tours of the city she made her home bring Regency Bath to life and, thanks to our experienced and knowledgeable guides, provide a unique and fascinating insight into Jane's life and times.
If you are a passionate about Jane Austen, inquisitive about her life and the Regency period -or just curious, you will have a wonderful time strolling through one of the most beautiful cities in England on our expertly-guided walking tour, bringing alive Jane’s life and time in this magnificent city.
Our two and a half hour long walking tour with an expert guide whose local knowledge and stories to share, bring to life Bath in the Regency period and Jane Austen’s time here.
One price up to six guests ~ with an expert Tour Guide
Up to six guests can enjoy this experience for one (astonishing!) price of £130, with our Tour Guide opening the world of Jane Austen in Regency Bath.
You will be guided past iconic facades and promenade along the lanes, as was fashionable in Regency Bath. Learn about society’s etiquette of the day, the nuances of life for a woman in Regency England - what was in-vogue, how life was lived and stories behind the buildings.
What was life like for Jane Austen in the Regency Bath ?
Jane made Bath her home from 1801 to 1806 when it was a vibrant city, a favourite haunt of fashionable society, and a popular spa resort, with celebrated dandy and leader of fashion in 18th-century Britain Richard "Beau" Nash acting as the City’s Master of Ceremonies.
Society’s glittering best of the day came to socialise in Bath, drink the requisite three glasses of water from the Pump Room, bathe in the King’s Bath, stroll in Sydney Gardens and along the Royal Crescent - and of course endlessly dance and flirt at balls along the way.
Why not plan your visit to Bath soon and enjoy this wonderfully informative and interesting tour?
Come and enjoy Jane Austen's Bath with us:
- Our guided tour last 2.5 hours – the start time is curated to time that best suits you!
- For this private tour there is just one fee of £130 - for up to six guests (and three is no minimum)
- We advise you book at least 14 days ahead so we can confirm the date ahead and ensure availability.
- Payment to be made once availabilty is confirmed in an email - a link in the email will direct you to our online payment portal. You will be sent confirmation of your Strictly Jane Austen walking tour on completition.
How do I make a booking?:
- It's easy, simply send us an email with the date and time you wish your tour, along with the number in your party. You can this information to: email@example.com - or if you prefer you can DM us on our Facebook page: @strictlyjaneausten
- If you can be flexible with your date/time you may like to suggest a few options as this helps if a date and time is not available.
- We will contact you with a confirmation your booking has been made, and provide a link for you to make payment. Please ensure you pay promptly as this will finalise your booking an secure your date/time.
Have questions you would like to ask?
Please get in touch by email or phone if you have any questions we may be able to assist you with.
COVID-19 Special information
• To reduce crowds, the group size is limited – you will not be grouped with people outside of your own ‘group of six’.
• So that you can be confident that you are in safe hands,you may like to refer to Your Wellbeing and Covid-19