Step back in time to the enchanting world of Jane Austen with our exquisite period costume hire and afternoon tea experience in the historic city of Bath
“But indeed I would rather have nothing but tea”
Immerse yourself in the grace and elegance of the Regency era while enjoying lively conversation, delectable treats, and the enchanting atmosphere of Bath.
Your attire will be arranged in advance and delivered to your hotel or place of stay. Whether you aspire to be an elegant heroine like Elizabeth Bennet, Fanny, Emma – or a dashing gentleman like Mr. Darcy, a most perfect outfit will be confirmed in advance of your visit.
Costume Hire – delivered and collected to/from your hotel or place of stay in Bath*
Afternoon Tea at the Award-winning 5* Gainsborough Hotel, including service charge
£190 per person / £380 per two
* the hire time is up to one week from the delivery date. Costumes arrive professionally cleaned.
Dressed in your finery, embark on a leisurely stroll through Bath’s cobbled streets, lined with period-appropriate shops and architecture. Take in the same sights that inspired Austen herself as she penned her timeless novels. Why not enhance your experience by including an expert guided tour of Bath who will also be in costume? We are happy to arrange this before or after your tea or another day during your visit. There is an additional cost of £150.
After a delightful promenade, indulge in a sumptuous afternoon tea at one of Bath’s charming tearooms, where you’ll savour an array of delicate sandwiches, freshly baked scones with clotted cream and jam, and a selection of fine teas.
This unique experience offers a glimpse into Jane Austen’s world – delightful and fun, making it a must for any Janite, literature enthusiasts, and history buffs alike.
The Lady’s costume includes:
- Spencer or shawl
- Bonnet or feather hairclip
The Gentleman’s costume includes:
- Breeches or trousers
- Shoe Buckles
- On clicking the link to make your booking, you will first be asked to confirm the date and time you would like to take your Afternoon Tea
- If you are flexible, let us know
- Following on, please proceed to make your payment
- If you wish to book for more than 2 – please get in touch before so we can best assist
- On making payment, look out for link in your confirmation email with details on how to submit your measurements
You are able to suggest colour preferences for your costume and request accessories too.