Spring is here - come and enjoy Jane Austen's Bath with us
'They arrived at Bath. Catherine was all eager delight; her eyes were here, there, everywhere, as they approached its fine and striking environs....She was come to be happy, and she felt happy already.' Northanger Abbey
We are moving out of lockdown, Spring is here, and Bath is looking beautiful. Why not celebrate with a Jane Austen-themed walking tour in the company of our expert guide and a handful of your closest friends and family?
One brilliant price for up to six guests ~ with an expert Tour Guide
- Our guided tour last 2.5 hours
- The start time is either 10:30 am or 2:30pm each Friday, Saturday & Sunday in April & May 2021
- For this private tour, there is just one fee of £130 for up to six guests (and there is no minimum number to your group size.)
- Tour starts in front of Bath Abbey west doors.
- COVID safe: facemasks are optional and social distancing applies
This two-and-a-half-hour guided tour will open up the world of Jane Austen's Bath. Our tour guide will take you past iconic facades, promenade with you along the lanes, as was fashionable in Regency Bath, and reveal fascinating insights about society etiquette of the day, the nuances of life for a woman in Regency England, what was in-vogue, how life was lived and stories behind the buildings.
What was life like for Jane Austen in the Regency Bath?
Jane Austen is synonymous with Bath. Our curated guided tours of the city she made her home bring Regency Bath to life and, thanks to our experienced and knowledgeable guides, provide a unique and fascinating insight into Jane's life and times.
If you are passionate about Jane Austen, inquisitive about her life and the Regency period - or simply curious, you will have a wonderful time strolling through one of the most beautiful cities in England on our expertly guided walking tour, bringing alive Jane’s life and time in this magnificent city.
Jane made Bath her home from 1801 to 1806 when it was a vibrant city, a favourite haunt of fashionable society, and a popular spa resort, with celebrated dandy and leader of fashion in 18th-century Britain Richard "Beau" Nash acting as the city’s Master of Ceremonies.
Society’s glittering best of the day came to socialise in Bath, drink the requisite three glasses of water from the Pump Room, bathe in the King’s Bath, stroll in Sydney Gardens and along the Royal Crescent - and of course endlessly dance and flirt at balls along the way!
Do you have questions you would like to ask?
Please get in touch by email or phone if you have any questions - we are here to help you
For the best experience, this tour is subject to the weather being fair, should the day be dreadful you will be offered the tour on a different date, or a full refund.
Further terms of our service are available here
Need to find Bath Abbey? - See the map below, or if you are using What3Words, click here
COVID-19 Special information
• To reduce crowds, the group size is limited – you will not be grouped with people outside of your own ‘group of six’, the tour manager is in addition and does not count towards the ‘Rule of 6’.
• So that you can be confident that you are in safe hands, you may like to refer to Your Wellbeing and Covid-19